International moves can prove tiring. Take it easy. We know how to dispense with the difficulties, having taken people across oceans and continents from the time of our founding. Regardless of whether you’re moving from Atlanta to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere in the United States to anywhere else – we’ll make sure your household gets where it’s got to go. We accept complete responsibility for your international move throughout …
The Moving Process
These are the steps you can depend on us taking:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, especially, you’ll want to be advised quickly on what you’ll probably pay for such a move. Get on the phone with us. Speak with us. Tell us where you’re going, when you would prefer to or must go, and what sort of a move you’d like us to execute for you. Based on our vast experience with global moving, we’ll deliver a free ballpark estimate. This might or might not be the final price. Additional meetings with you will help decide that. But at least you’ll have a reasonable awareness of what to expect, finance-wise, in advance of committing to us.
The Home Survey
To reach a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we have to conduct a survey of the items you’ll be transporting. We enable you to pick from two options for taking care of this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator visits your home to talk with you about various details of your move, perform a walk-through of your home, and take that inventory of your possessions.
- By means of your mobile phone, you link to our estimator and perform your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need shipped.
The Written Estimate
After we’ve initially spoken with you and reviewed your Home Survey results, we can present a more accurate, written estimate of what you’ll pay for your international move. It takes into consideration everything attendant to your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve chosen.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which establishes locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve chosen, safety and insurance provisions, the price, and other details. Signing it attests that you agree to our terms and pricing and permits us to set up your relocation.
The Move Plan
To make sure you have an international move that’s smooth, safe, and headache-free, we give you a Move Concierge – your very own, personal representative and counselor. He or she will guide you in planning your move from start to finish. In your first consultation, your Move Concierge will …
- establish your move dates,
- confirm the addresses involved stateside and in the country to which you’re relocating,
- affirm which of our services you prefer,
- provide precursory counsel in what you can anticipate happening in your move, and
- provide answers to your questions.
From now until we get you moved and settled in your new country, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can rely on him or her being well apprised of the complications that can arise in an international move and instructing you well – particularly on customs laws from one country to another. As well as divulging vital information on your particular destination country, he or she also can provide you assistance with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other essential international paperwork.
Then, throughout the move, your Move Concierge will keep you up to speed on the latest developments.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date comes up, we’ll email or call you to confirm that it’s still set to go in accordance with the plan. We’ll confirm dates, times, locations, and everything else relative to your establishing a new home in another country.
Our packing options are made available to more properly accommodate your needs and budget.
- Choose to do the packing yourself; if you like, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Opt to let our crew provide backup packing assistance. Or
- Choose to start packing yourself and let us help you by packing specialty items.
By whatever method you choose to have your packing done, you can be confident we have a solid understanding of foreign customs laws and will see that your shipments follow them explicitly. That includes seeing that packed belongings are loaded into the proper overseas shipping containers, as specified.
When the truck and crew arrive at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and carry out a walk-through, familiarizing themselves with your floor plan and the furnishings and personal effects you’re shipping.
Next, they’ll perform certain actions to shield your home during the process of moving you out. They’ll pad stair rails, tight corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll place carpet covers to keep floors from getting soiled and carpets from snagging, especially in high-traffic areas .
In loading your belongings onto the truck, our crew will insure that moving boxes are marked and classified by room to assist in their proper placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and whatever else must be disassembled will be taken apart by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew conducts quality checks and maintains communication with your Move Concierge all through the loading process.
Once we get your shipment safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews unload it with great dexterity and caution. Included in our destination-country delivery services are …
- the use of protection pads and carpet covers to keep your new home undefiled while we’re moving you in,
- systematic unloading – placing your possessions into the rooms you want them in, at your direction,
- reassembling whatever was taken apart for the move,
- unpacking – all you have to do is say the word; we’ll get it done, and
- debris removal – where, if you want, we’ll get rid of all the empty moving boxes and supplies after the unpacking.
The Post-Move Follow-up
At the conclusion of your international move, your Move Concierge will get in touch with you to ...
- go over it with you,
- determine how well we executed the services you selected
- talk with you about any remaining matters, and
- THANK YOU for engaging us at A-1 Freeman Moving Group!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote