What to Expect with Your Local Residential Move in Atlanta
Okay, so you’re not moving all that far. You still want to insure that your local residential move’s as easy as possible a move – no hang-ups, no hiccups, no hassles. A-1 Freeman Moving Group understands. We’ve helped thousands of Atlanta people move across the street or across town in our years of business. What our customers genuinely like is our capable handling of …
The Moving Process
These are the steps:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
When you first approach us to discuss your move, we’ll give you a FREE ballpark estimate of the price you’ll likely pay – reflecting our elementary recognition of your needs. This price could increase or decrease, pending additional analysis and what move options you select.
The Home Survey
We offer two options for helping us come to a final, accurate estimate – each of which is intended to facilitate your schedule in a way that’s most convenient for you:
- a personal, in-home consultation with one of our expert estimators – including a room-to-room assessment of the possessions you’ll need shipped, or
- a video inventory that puts the most advanced technology to work for you, connecting you to our estimator by means of your mobile phone as you walk through your home and show us what needs moving.
The Written Estimate
Based on our consultations with you and the results of your Home Survey, we’ll provide you with a written estimate of your move’s cost. This written estimate fixes that cost with far greater accuracy than our up-front ballpark estimate. It addresses every aspect of your shipment, including all moving services you’ve told us you want.
The Customer Agreement
When you’ve determined the options you want and accepted our terms and pricing, you’ll sign an agreement with us. You can regard this as your move contract describing locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve chosen, and other details such as cost, safety, and insurance. With this addressed, we set up your move.
The Move Plan
This is when your dedicated A-1 Freeman Moving Group Move Concierge contacts you to …
- vet your move dates and the addresses that apply, including your current address and your destination address
- affirm which of our services you desire
- counsel you in what to expect from your move, and
- answer your questions.
Your Move Concierge is your one point of contact from this point forward. He or she will see to it that you’re fully aware of everything that’s happening with your local residential move – to assure as trouble-free, headache-free, and harmonious a move as anybody could give you.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date gets close, we’ll email you or call you to make sure everything agreed upon is still to your liking. We’ll make a final confirmation of dates, times, locations, and other elements of the move to keep it on track.
As always, we extend you options to match your needs and budget. You can handle your own packing (and we can supply the packing materials, if you like) … you can let our full-service movers help you pack … or you can go with a custom-crafted plan where you get the packing started and we help with specialty items.
When the truck and crew get to your place, they’ll introduce themselves and perform a walk-through of your home to get acquainted with the floor plan and what needs to be moved out. Then they’ll prepare the home to protect it, padding stair rails, cramped corners, doors and jambs, and placing carpet covers to keep high-traffic areas from getting snagged and soiled. Next, they’ll perform a systematic loading procedure, where moving boxes are labeled and inventoried according to rooms and your needs when you arrive at your new home. Things that should be disassembled – from entertainment centers to beds to swing sets – are carefully disassembled at this stage. Throughout the loading process, quality checks are performed and communication with your Move Concierge is maintained.
When we’ve gotten your belongings safely to your new home – on time and intact, we unload it with exceptional care. Our delivery services include …
- using protective pads and carpet covers to keep your your new home in excellent condition during the move-in process,
- systematic unloading – where we place your household goods and personal items into the rooms you want them in, as you guide us,
- reassembly of components taken apart for the move – beds, etc.,
- unpacking – just say the word; we’ll get it done for you, and
- debris removal – where, if you prefer, our team will take away all the empty moving boxes and other such debris after the unpacking.
The Post-Move Follow-up
This is the point at which your dedicated A-1 Freeman Moving Group Move Concierge contacts you to inquire what you thought of the move … review the quality of the services we performed … address any concerns that might linger … and, above all else, THANK YOU for picking A-1 Freeman Moving Group! Your total satisfaction is what keeps us going.
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote