As an element of our full host of professional moving services, A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers professional packing services. We can customize a packing solution to best fit your requirements whether you want us to do all, some, or none of the packing for your move. Packing is one of the items that many people will choose to do themselves as a way to cut costs in the moving process. Regardless if you decide for us to manage your packing or you pick to do it yourself, the important thing is that the packing is done right so your assets show up at your brand new location in pristine form. If you are debating about packing yourself, please take the time to review our comprehensive guide to packing for your move.
If you would rather rest up and have us do the packing for you, you can be sure our professional movers will do a great job. When it comes to safeguarding your shipment, A-1 Freeman Moving Group’s level of professionalism is unparalleled. Here is an outline of the steps that will be employed to safeguard your effects. The jump off point in guarding your shipment for the trip is proper packing.
- All packing materials and cartons will be new
- All china, glass, and crystal will be individually wrapped prior to packing cartons. Carton will be taped across top, bottom, and all sides
- All rugs and carpets will be rolled and wrapped
- customer's name, room and contents will be marked on each carton
- All items, which are not suitable for packing, will be padded for transport. These items include furniture items, large bulky pieces and large appliances
These possessions are paper padded as a norm and where items require additional care, the use of double wrapping and crating is involved. Correct padding requires the following actions:
- All furniture will be dismantled, if appropriate
- All hardware (nuts and bolts) will be placed in plastic bags before being put in the master hardware box
- All furniture will be wrapped in minimum 3-ply paper pad. Corner pads will be used to provide additional protection
- All paper pad seams will be sealed using export vinyl tape
- Skeleton or full crates will be used on awkward or fragile pieces
SHIPPING CONTAINER OPTIONS
When it comes to shipping your goods across the ocean, you can be certain knowing that they'll be delicately containerized for export. Based on the size of your shipment, its handling needs and destination, there are several categories of containers and shipping processes that can be used. Rest easy knowing that all of them are created to maximize cost-efficiency and protection.
- Air shipments: loaded into wooden or corrugated containers
- Small ocean shipments: loaded into waterproofed wooden lift vans
- Large ocean shipments: loaded into steel steamship containers
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote