Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
For moving day, the last thing you want is for everything to not go right. Keep reading for several suggestions on what you might do early on to ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible.
Seven Things to Carry Out on Moving Day to Help It Go Smoother
- Be sure someone is present: Either you or perhaps a trusted and responsible adult will need to be available for the duration of the move to sign moving company paperwork and supervise the move. This can help sidestep any mistakes or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Atlanta. The movers will likely also be grateful for having someone on hand to answer any questions and provide directions.
- Clear the path: Make sure there is an unobstructed walkway heading to your front door so the moving team might easily maneuver boxes and furniture in and out. Additionally, remove any tripping hazards both inside and outside the house. This shall help avert any accidents or issues.
- Go over the house: As soon as the professional movers in Atlanta arrive, walk through your home with them and indicate all items of special importance or belongings that will not be put on the moving truck. If you have any irreplaceable things you are going to take with in your car on the move, make sure they are packed up and ready to go. This could include items like jewelry, important papers, and also family treasures. This will ensure that these things are safe and that nothing is forgotten. After the professional movers in Atlanta have completed loading the moving truck, complete a final walkthrough of the residence to ensure all items have been accounted for.
- Have a plan: Putting together a general plan which includes where you want things to go in your new residence will make the moving process much more simple. Be sure to label each box with its contents and which room it should be place in so the movers can easily put everything in its correct place. For moving day, you'll want to have a number of things on hand, for example snacks, bottles of water, toiletries, and also a change of clothes. Consider gathering up a moving day survival bag. Pack these items up in a bag or box so that you can quickly locate them whenever you require them. Additionally, be sure you are aware what moving related tasks need to be completed and when. Developing a timeline can help keep things moving in the right direction.
- Have a plan for kids and pets: If you have children and/or pets, it's essential to have a plan for them on moving day. Ask someone to watch them, so they're not in the way of the professional movers in Atlanta.
- Chat with your neighbors: In the event you have close neighbors, it is polite to let them know that there will be a moving truck parked on the street and also that there may be some noise and commotion throughout the day. This will help steer clear of any possible issues or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on your city or homeowners' association, you may require a permit to park the moving truck near your residence. Check with your local authorities to figure out if this is the case.
Need Assistance Getting Started?
Moving day is a chaotic and usually stressful time. But by following these tips, you can make the entire process less stressful – both for you as well as your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Atlanta is here to help you each step of the way. We're America's leading moving company in Atlanta, with nearly five decades of experience relocating people smoothly and efficiently. Allow us take some of the chaos out of moving day for you – contact us today!
Request a free quote