By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Will you be about to move in the near future? If that's the case, you could be overloaded, pondering all the things you will need to pack. But not all you want to move to your new home can or will be moved by your professional movers in Atlanta
. In other words, there are some belongings that you ought to move on your own. The following are four of the primary varieties of things your moving company in Atlanta
won't be able to move, together with a few considerations and warnings and how we will help.
1. HAZARDOUS ITEMS
For basic safety reasons, movers maintain a list of hazardous items which they can't move. Chemicals reacting with other substances, such as putting paint thinner and also weed killer jointly on a moving truck may result in a terrible result.
Some of the unsafe items that cannot be moved include those, including lighter fluid, fuel, propane cylinders, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, residential cleansing agents, pesticides or herbicides, fertilizers, weed killers, aerosol cans, swimming pool chemicals and also nail polish remover. You'll want to check with your moving company in Atlanta for a complete list.
Yet another item you ought not put in a moving vehicle is plants. The truth is, there are several states with policies, regarding specific indoor plants that can or cannot traverse a state line. While bugs and also mites are certainly not a challenge in some areas, they may be thought to be extremely dangerous in other states.
Furthermore, the majority of moving companies do not wish to move plants because pests which live in the dirt can easily spill into the moving truck. Even if the moving company agrees to move your plants, they may not live, particularly when you will be moving a long distance given that plants require sun and also water. In case you don't have room in your vehicle for your plants, why don't you give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company says they are able to carry your precious valuables on their moving truck, it is always a good idea to keep your essential files and photographs along with you. The reason being these are generally things that can't be readily replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Atlanta generally pack the majority of canned food for you, but you need to still consider if this is a smart idea. Needless to say, perishable foods should not be carried on a moving van. It is usually a smart idea to get rid of your perishables as well as food items in glass containers rather than transporting them with you.
You'll want to make room in your vehicle for many more significant items, and you don't want to worry about accidents from leakages, cracks or mold ahead of arriving at your new residence. However boxed and/or canned foods, for example spices or herbs and dried fruits can be transported. For any questions about which food items that can or can't be moved, ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to take your pets together with you and talk about any unique requirements your furry friend may have with your vet.
· As for alcohol, consider that state laws and regulations regarding alcohol may vary, so it's advisable to not move your alcoholic beverages.
· Why not take advantage of grocery store delivery after getting to your new home. You can buy over the internet for food items, paper products, cleaning supplies and other essentials.
· You could put your lawn mower on the moving truck, so long as you have drained the gas and oil tanks.
· Consider that it's also unsafe for you to move hazardous items in your car. It is best to simply repurchase them after you get to your new residence. In other words, don't take the risk of moving them.
To make moving as smooth as possible, contact us to schedule an appointment and discover more about the wide range of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote