Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY GET READY: Nope, you do not have to do push-ups or run laps around the block. This hint encourages you to employ professional movers in Atlanta. Hiring a moving company guarantees that you will have additional help from professionals, who are experts in packing, lifting, and also time management. Professional movers in Atlanta can carefully pack your residence, disassemble home furnishings, and securely wrap your super delicate items. Having local professional movers in Atlanta on hand on your moving day is a good way to circumvent injuries. They will manage all the weighty things, leaving the easier belongings as well as simple clean-up to you.
- GET THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT: Using proper moving equipment can be one of the best ways to avoid injuries on moving day. When speaking with the moving company in Atlanta, be certain that they will be bringing equipment which will make the move safer, like an appliance dolly. Not only can this help the moving crew, but the equipment will additionally save you time, as stuff will be moved at a quicker pace.
- DO NOT OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each space of your boxes could seem like a good idea, however making them too heavy makes them harder to pick up, as well as places a strain on the legs, arms, as well as back. An injury can be unavoidable when you pick up more weight than you can manage. Additionally it makes the task more difficult for everybody who is helping you to do the job. Pack boxes correctly, making certain the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Atlanta can work quickly and also efficiently on moving day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a general lifting method and is a fantastic way to sidestep injury to your neck as well as spine. Maintain a wide base of support, placing your feet shoulder-width apart as well as flat on the ground. Next, bend down into a squat so you are mainly making use of your legs as you move upward. Finally, keep your back straight, as well as breathe while you lift the item.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AS WELL AS WALKWAYS CLEAR: Even though this may sound like something simple, quite a few people will be injured by tripping over smaller items on moving day. Steer clear of a stubbed toe or chipped tooth resulting from an unexpected fall by keeping all paths free from items. While moving heavy things, it can be difficult to see what is in your path. Avoid any accidents by thinking about what is the easiest way to walk when moving your belongings. When putting safety first, you can reduce your chances that you will be injured.
Employing a local or long-distance moving company in Atlanta with professional movers is a great way to save time and also avoid injuries while moving. Contact us right away for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote