Professional Packing Services: What You Need to Know
Additionally, we get many questions about professional packing and what it involves. You may be contemplating "Do I really need help with packing?" and if so, what service do you require, and how can you confirm it? We're available to answer all your important questions about a professional packing service for your upcoming move to Atlanta.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your house requires a lot of time. Most people need at least a couple months of evenings and weekends to get all their things boxed, labeled, and completed for the moving company in Atlanta. But, not everybody can do their own packing - or complete all their packing on time. If packing boxes isn’t something you have the ability to do, or if your schedule has zero availability for packing, it is a good idea to book your packing service early.
People Who Often Need a Packing Service
If you think you would require a packing service, do not worry, you won’t be the only one. A lof of various types of people (and moves) want professional packing in order to make sure everything get done on time, and our teams are honored to provide that speedy bonus for your benefit. Following are some very typical examples of people who frequently need all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Run Out of Time
- Parents of Small Children
- Professionals Relocating on a Tight Schedule
- Elderly and Disabled Clients
- People Who Do Not Know How to Pack Delicate Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a home normally takes between 3 and 12 hours, dependent on the size of your house and how many things you own. As a general rule, you can estimate that it might require about two hours per room in your house or doubled for extra-large and extra-cluttered spots. Remember the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The ideal way to get a good quote on packing your residence is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your home should help the moving company in Atlanta to accurately estimate how many hours and people it will take to pack your home within one or two days.
Whole vs Select Packing Services
A whole packing service is when professional movers in Atlanta pack up your whole home even your kitchen, closets, toiletries, office – all things. However, you can also inquire about a partial packing service. Some people ask the moving company in Atlanta only to take care of furniture disassembly and wrapping to be certain it's done right. Some customers ask their movers just to pack dishes and breakable belongings, because movers know how it should be done and have all the proper materials.
Select packing services should make it possible to locate the best, most efficient method to get your house packed and moved by maximizing your own time and effort and the speedy expertise of your moving company in Atlanta.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
When you confirm a professional packing service, what can you expect? Professional packing typically takes around one and two days of work, usually scheduled back-to-back if the packing runs into a second day. Packers should commence to gently box all your things based on their location.
- Packing a Room at a Time
- Professional packing typically tackles one room at a time, and each box is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will proceed shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, shoes, electronics) so that rooms will be simple to assemble when you unpack.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you should remain on site to provide oversight and consultations. Packers might ask you about broken things, categories, or what labels to use. They may have certain questions about how you require them to pack certain things or rooms.
- If you aren’t personally present, keep your phone handy to answer questions remotely, and you might need a proxy available in person.
- Expert Packing and Specific Labeling
- One of the best benefits of professional packing is that each and every carton can be a perfect fit. Years of knowledge and all the right materials mean that your moving crew gets how to pack a box so that it will stack securely in the moving truck and unpack smoothly on arrival. They will additionally usually label your cartons so you will be able to find certain things and unpack rooms when you arrive.
- Putting Boxes in an Out-of-the-Way Location
- The last step is stacking your cartons to prepare for the arrival of the moving van. You might ask the professional movers in Atlanta to leave boxes in the rooms for which they were packed, or to pile everything in the garage for fast, efficient truck loading when the time comes.
How Do You Prepare for a Packing?
How do you get ready if professional packers are coming over? You might make the day smoother and the packing more organized with just a little preparation.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Be sure you have clean dishes and folded or hanging laundry if you are asking your professional movers in Atlanta to pack up the kitchen as well as bedrooms.
- Place Items in Their Proper Rooms
- When the residence is packed and unpacked, it will likely be completed by room. While you don't have to completely tidy up, putting belongings in their proper room is a surefire method to ensure they wind up in the correct carton.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Empty your pantry one way or the other. Challenge your family to think of pantry-emptying meal ideas and donate everything that is left. Apart from a few spices and dry goods, there is no need to pack and move food items.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Lastly, list any things you might be worried about to chat about with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
When you have a big move on the horizon, you could not have the time or desire to do all the packing alone - and that will be perfectly fine. Full-service professional movers in Atlanta like A-1 Freeman Moving Group provides professional packing services. Get in touch with us right away to consult on the packing services your move may need.
Request a free quote