By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving is usually stressful. Very often in the rush to get the professional movers in Atlanta
scheduled, the boxes packed and figure out what you're moving and what you're getting rid of, you neglect a number of important tasks. To help keep you on path, here's a list of things to remember to do to help make your move to Atlanta effortless and uneventful.
1. Update Your Address. Officially enroll with the post office your change of address. The USPS should forward your mail for as long as a year after your move. You can let the postal service know about your move about 30 days in advance. This should assure that all your final invoices, financial documents along with other important mail is forwarded to your new house at the same time as when you and the professional movers in Atlanta get there along with your items. For those who have children in school, let their school know your new address too in case you need their transcripts mailed to you. When you arrive at your new home, commence to notify each establishment separately. Furthermore, make sure you let friends and family know that you have moved.
2. Stop Utilities and Home Services. Contact your utility companies in advance and tell them your final billing/service date. This can include your phone, cable television, electric, water, yard care, cleaning providers, pest elimination, security system company and other periodic services such as a dog walker or even the Sunday paper delivery. Make certain and match the cutoff day together with your moving company. You don't want to get the electric, natural gas or water cut off before moving day. When you belong to an Home Owners Association, make certain they are cognizant of your last day of residency to protect yourself from any extra costs.
3. Update Your Insurance Policy and Registration Details. When you have an insurance adviser, call them to notify them of your move. Including vehicle, property, life and health insurance. Relocating to a new region or a new state may impact the prices you happen to be spending therefore be sure to do this as soon as possible. In addition, while updating your car insurance, make sure to update your automobile's registration.
4. Notify Your Employer. Should you be moving locally, and not swapping work, be sure to advise your employer. They will need to revise their company data and, in some cases, if you're moving across state lines, may need to modify payroll.
5. Clean up Your Old Property. Once the professional movers have gone and prior to when you turn over the keys to your old house, make sure you thoroughly clean, or book a cleaning of, your old house. This can help make sure that you get back your security deposit if you're renting. If you are selling your home, and your home is still available on the market, this is a must to help catch the attention of possible buyers.
6. Change/Delete Passwords for House Environment Systems. Many houses today have smart technology set up such as locks on entrance doors, air conditioning and heating, lighting, and alarm systems. In some cases, you might have password protected apps that you apply to regulate and keep tabs on these systems. If that's the case, make sure you provide the necessary information to the future homeowner but then be sure to logout or delete any info pertaining to these systems.
7. Update Your Online Accounts. If you routinely order goods on the internet, be sure you update your shipping and delivery address. This is a great chance to update your profile with your bank, doctors and any various other vendors you often interact with online.
8. Perform a Walkthrough of Your New Residence. When you first arrive at your new property, do a swift walk through to help become acquainted with some of the key features of the home. You should be in the position to promptly find the smoke detectors, carbon monoxide sensors, the electric panel and sump pump--if there's one. Verify to be certain they all are in excellent condition.
The true secret to maintaining your cool when moving would be to use a plan. Making use of checklists will assist you to remain organized and ensure that your move will be as simple as possible. Speak to your local professional mover in Atlanta, A-1 Freeman Moving Group for additional ideas on how to have a stress-free move.
Request a free quote