By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
It's no wonder that summer is the most popular season for moving, because very few folks want to brave chilly winter weather or (for many with school-age children) manage the stress of relocating their household in the midst of a school year.
Naturally, as a result there will be obstacles that you'll have to conquer to make your move a success. Nevertheless, with a little forethought, planning, and a small bit of help from a professional moving company in Atlanta, everything is sure to work out in the end. Below are a few do's and don'ts for moving to Atlanta over the summer:
· Choose and book your moving company in Atlanta as far beforehand as possible. Since the summer time is peak moving season, you won't want to wait until the final minute to make plans with your professional movers, as you may realize that your chosen supplier is now booked up.
· Keep hydrated. Many people are unsuspectingly struggling with persistent dehydration, and the summer high temperature merely makes issues worse. To circumvent exhaustion, muscle cramps, headache, along with a host of various other symptoms, ensure that you take in sufficient water. And whenever it is possible to spare a couple of water bottles for your professional movers, they shall be gracious for the hydration likewise, trust us.
· Protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Use plenty of sun block and/or a wide-brimmed hat to protect your body from the sunburn as well as other problems that come from too much exposure to UV rays.
· Begin the move early in the day. If possible, pack and load the heavier things before the sun comes out in full force, it will make you and your moving company personnel much more at ease over the rest of the loading process.
· Make positive perishable things are stored in a cool place. Should it be food or goods that might expeience issues from extented exposure to heat, be sure that you have a strategy when it comes to keeping perishable things cool.
· Expect to spend more. The fact is that, summertime's popularity for moving generally signifies that you're going to wind up paying a bit more for the exact same service than you'd during other times of the year.
Do not ...
· Hold off the transfer of your utilities. The very last thing you desire is to arrive at your new residence only to discover that it's 90 degrees outside and there's no air conditioning.
· Forget to take additional precautions with the kids and/or house animals. As mentioned previously, ensure your children are donning ample sunscreen, and are attired properly for warm weather. Keep in mind the dangers related to heat exhaustion along with heat stroke, and keep your youngsters and household pets well hydrated over the moving process.
· Underrate just how long the moving process requires. Far before moving day, you need to start the relocation process by packing up certain goods that you won't need for some time. You need to research several moving companies in Atlanta, interview the movers that you favor, and then, if you want to use them, do so a few weeks beforehand.
The reality is, summer time moving comes with its particular quirks as well as challenges. Even so, with sufficient arranging and the help of professional movers in Atlanta, like the friendly experts at the A-1 Freeman Moving Group, you'll be able to enjoy a comparatively smooth and seamless move as you commence a new chapter in your life. If you'd like to learn more about how we might help, connect with us today.
Request a free quote