by Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Congrats, you are the intelligent one who arranged your moving company in Atlanta
early, walked through your home along with a moving company
sales rep to figure out how many moving vans and workers you need, and efficiently packed and labeled your boxes.
Next, did you read the terms and conditions on the agreement? In the event you failed to read the whole thing, and quite a few people do not get beyond the date ranges and numbers before their eyeballs glaze over, find it, take a seat, and study it now. Fill another cup of coffee if you have to, however when you reach the part regarding what the professional movers in Atlanta cannot put on the moving truck, chances are pretty decent that contract is going to have your complete focus.
What You Cannot Transport
Which of these is NOT allowed on a moving truck? Are any of these unlawful for the crew to load and transport, or is it simply company policy? The answer is a really straightforward, this will depend.
The one thing mentioned above that CAN go on the truck would be the lawn mower--if the gas and oil tanks have already been emptied. Indoor plants typically can't cross state lines--that's a legal issue--and moving companies in Atlanta would not like any insects residing in leaves or the soil leaping ship on the moving truck itself.
Fireworks are forbidden.
Moving companies aren't going to be accountable for valuable items on the moving van. Your homeowner’s insurance policy may handle any material losses, but probably is not going to replace misplaced cash. Get it to the bank and retrieve it after you're settled or take it with you.
What's Unlawful to Transport
So, the list of what it's not possible to pack and load is not such a bore, in any case. These are several other items that movers are not going to load, along with the main reasons why not.
· Any item that is flammable, corrosive, explosive or combustible and may hypothetically put the lives of the workers along with the equipment in danger, is illegal. So, a mower having an unfilled gas/oil reservoir is okay, however an aerosol can of disinfectant will not be.
· House plants--a number of states have protocols about what houseplants may cross over the state line. Mites and pests which are not a problem in some states are substantial hazards in others, so leave your indoor plants for the neighborhood friends or give them to your pals. If you're bringing the planting pots, thoroughly clean them with bleach prior to when you load them.
· Alcohol--regulations fluctuate among states. Stay safe and have a clear the bar party prior to when you move.
What A lot of Company Policies Forbid
Just about every professional mover in Atlanta has its own directory of banned objects, nevertheless these will be the normal items you can expect to leave behind or carry yourself.
Chemical substances are based on their ability to have interaction with other matter and change the structure and substance of the matter. Simply put, this implies that when you put weed killer and wood stains on the truck alongside one another and they happen to interact under force or high temperature, seriously terrible things can occur. And if you believe a couple of bottles of nail polish and remover plus a chemistry set will not pack enough of a wallop to change anything, you would be wrong. So Never pack the following.
· Household Cleaners
· Paint and Paint Remover--this includes nail polish
· Pool chemicals
· Pesticides, Weed Killers, along with Fertilizers
· Aerosol Cans
· Perishable Foods
Remember that grocery delivery is a marvellous thing--buy over the internet and have your cleaning supplies, paper items, and food items shipped soon once you have arrived at your new home.
If you have any questions concerning some things, ask your moving company in Atlanta before moving day, especially if you want to make other plans for transport or donations.
Click HERE for A-1 Freeman Moving Group’s list of Non-Transportable Items.
Request a free quote